New Benefits from the Latest DevMate Update
The two most recent DevMate updates, 1.0b7 and 1.0b7.1, brought a number of significant improvements. In particular, developers got some great new options and tools that make the experience of working in DevMate smoother and more streamlined. Below are the features along with short use cases on how to benefit from using them.
FastSpring Embedded Store Support
If you’re using the FastSpring Embedded Store option, which we highly recommend using, all sales made with the FastSpring Embedded Store will be tracked and displayed in DevMate. Thus, you’ll have a full picture of your sales and financial capacity. To start receiving and tracking Embedded Store sales data, DevMateKit 1.1 should be integrated into your application.
Why we recommend using the Embedded Store:
- The FastSpring Embedded Store makes it effortless to purchase a full version of the application, or a paid upgrade, right from the application itself — without inhibiting customer experience. The license will be automatically applied to the application, unlocking it for usage.
- The Embedded Store automatically applies the license to the software, resulting in less errors when entering the license code. This means less support requests and happier customers.
- With Embedded Store in the app, customers are not directed to your website to purchase a product. This gets rid of extra steps during the application purchase process, and helps you increase sales conversion and get extra revenue.
Refund statistics are now available in DevMate. Each time you get a refund, DevMate takes this information from FastSpring and displays in the Sales and Downloads daily reports. Moreover, you can compare different marketing campaigns by refund rate.
In the Partners section, you can create bulk licenses and special links for promo campaigns, distribution via partners, free giveaways, or even sell offline. The new design of the Partners section and re-worked interface perfectly fit the current DevMate design concept. Additionally, some new useful options were added:
- Added progress bar for bulk license generation. The generation of 150K or more activation codes may take up to an hour. Previously, it was possible to download a file with generated license codes before the generation process completed, and the file didn’t contain a necessary number of license code. This problem was resolved with a progress bar that shows the percentage of generated activations keys.
- Email notification once bulk is ready. Moreover you don’t need to check whether the bulk is generated every few minutes. Simply use notification option by email and download the file with licenses from the email once bulk is ready.
- Number of used keys are now displayed. An especially useful option for when you’re selling activation keys via partners and resellers. You can get the information on used keys and compare this data with the sales information.
Much like the Partners Section, the License Type setup was also redesigned, and now has an improved navigation to correspond with the overall design. A few more improvements were included:
- Multi-product licence type. There’s now the possibility of creating a license type for activation of several products at once. The user will receive one activation key to activate several products. This means that you can now create and sell product bundles, which is one of the most effective marketing strategies.
- Test key generation. Generation test keys became more intuitive and are available from the context menu. The generated test keys are also displayed in the context menu.
DevMateKit was also updated and we highly recommend to integrate the latest version of it into your products to take advantage of all these recently added benefits. DevMateKit release notes:
- FastSpring Embedded Store support.
- Fixed: conflicts of PLCrashReporter classes in case of usage of own copy of this framework.
- Removed: custom-compile warning from inline functions.